Sunday, March 27, 2011

The end of what was.

Would you like to meet me in sorry land?
It is easy to get there, and it is quiet.
You can say you are sorry to me there.
Or are you not sorry?
If so, I am sorry for you-
Like the rest of them said they were.

You must be sorry though.
For being so selfish,
For disregarding those you are suppose to love best.
Aren't you sorry for letting me down?
Making what was come undone?

I guess you are not.
You never showed up.
Sorry land does not wait forever-
Not for you
Or me.
I suppose it is time I carry on.

I wish I could have waited,
Waited there forever
Because there is a grinding in my joints
As I walk on.
I am lonely-
I thought I meant more to you.

Would you like to meet in the land of what was?
There maybe you could see
Everything you gave up-
A journey of dreams
We timelessly weaved.
Maybe you were not ready yet.
Soon though I know
You'll be filled with regret.

Maybe it was all just pretend to you.
Dreams to occupy
This trapped time that slowly passed by.
It meant the world to me!
And so I go with what I know-
I won't be the one missing out,
And I never turned, turned on you.
For now-
What I know will have to be enough.

My bones are not broken.
My hearts still beating.
And so I'll make truth of our dreams alone.
For what it is worth
I will always love you for what was
Whether you are sorry or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment